When you have very little time, money or resources what is your favourite go-to dish? Mine is honey & mustard chicken, and trust me, this version will warm the cockles of your heart.
Sweet, spicy, creamy and fulfilling. I wouldn’t say this is the healthiest of recipes, considering I like to pair it with huge helpings of mashed potatoes. But it is definitely one of the most satisfying. And I also always feature a large portion of a green veg, like broccoli or peas to even things out.
So if you are in a time crunch but still want to rustle up a delicious dinner that will leave you with leftovers for lunch, I strongly encourage you to give this a go.
Honey & Mustard Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- A handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- Lots of salt & pepper
- Sautee chicken in a large pan over a medium heat until starts to turn golden brown. Stir in mushrooms and fry for another few minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and pour in wine. This should bubble up and deglaze the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add honey & mustard. Let the sauce continue to bubble until it reduces by about half.
- Pour in the cream, turn heat down to medium low and let it bubble gently for 3-5 minutes. Season and taste.
- Serve with football player sized helpings of mashed potatoes and green veg.